Brief Movie Review

I confess to being a fan of the whole cgi movie genre. So, I was somewhat excited to see what Pixar had done with their newly released on DVD film "Cars."

What a steaming pile. I am surprised that the makers of the Michael J Fox film "Doc Hollywood" (which was immensely more enjoyable - how could I not enjoy the whole "Big city rich doctor falls in love with small rural town he initially held in disdain" plot?) didn't sue, because the plot of "Cars" is pretty much identical. Apparently Disney and Pixar funneled most of their money into production and very little into writing.

Wake up guys...the cgi and Pixar's reputation is not going to carry your little movie - at least not in my opinion. My kids were only mildly interested, which tells me a lot.

"Over the Hedge" was way better.

Comments

Liz in Seattle said…
Now see, I thought you'd love Cars...the whole "small town America overrun by the interstate/Walmart/generica thing," you know...

BTW, Brendan (10) is utterly addicted to country music.
fdj said…
I would have enjoyed it if there was an ounce of originality in the plot - seriously, it was almost identical to "Doc Hollywood" which I did enjoy.

Brendan clearly has good taste. Pound for pound I'll stack CM against any other genre for providing a far greater proportion of positive values in its music.
Mimi said…
I've not seen Cars, but it's been an awfully long time since I saw Doc Hollywood.

Popular Posts