Klunk

So I took Killick "Walking with Dinosaurs" (aka chickens) again last night and he did great, though I think I stopped him just in time before eating a pile of droppings...thank God he's never been one to roll in gross things! Anyway, having so much success, I decided to try and introduce him - up close and personal - to the goats.

He was nervous about the whole affair and you could see he really was scared of them. But the goats nervously approached us a few sniffs were exchanged. Then it seemed Killick was more comfortable and he moved beyond my immediate area. Everything was fine until he came toward Firefly from the side and she decided to have none of it. She lowered her head and gave him a good hard knock. Imagine the hollow klunk sound of punching a melon without breaking it...."Dude...that was my skull!" or should it be, "Which it was my skull!"

Killick had enough and made sure I knew he wanted out of the goat pasture. I expect he won't be interested in returning.

Comments

Liz in Seattle said…
Which it definitely was his head. My question is this: when he got bonked, did he (a la Looney Tunes) see stars and hear tiny chirping birds circling his head, or did he see the stars and hear a violin and a 'cello scratching away...

Popular Posts