California Here I Come (am)

Well it's been at least 10 years years since I've been to Southern California and as I expected, it is rather surreal to be down here again. I am here to witness the reception of numerous wonderful people into Holy Orthodoxy at St. Baranabas Parish in Costa Mesa. Now, let me see if I can get everyone straight...please keep in mind that I'm lucky to be able to remember my middle name!

Those I "know" (in various senses of the term) who are being Chrismated:Chance and his betrothed Cybil, Aaron and his beloved Sara(h?), Ben and his not yet officially betrothed Grace (who was unfathomably gracious enough - living up to her name - to provide me with transportation from the obviously well guarded LA airport), Cameron, and of course John and his lovely family.

Hopefully I've not forgotten anyone! In any event, please keep them all in your prayers! And rejoice with us as we welcome them all home!

Everyone is working now, and so I am afforded the opportunity to offer a post I scribbled out on the way down here.

Comments

Popular Posts