The Trip Home - a lengthy void

Sitting here in this airplane and I am feeling somewhat melancholy and suddenly realizing that this is often the case for me when I travel alone like this. Waiting (or being virtually stripped searched) in the airport and then boarding a crowded Boeing, I still feel eerily alone - very contemplative.

It's like a void or a pause in life to me. I am leaving dear friends and spiritual family (which is sad) in order to return to my beloved, our children, and other spiritual family (which is wonderful). But, now, I am in limbo. I am alone. I can almost see the flashing letters in my field of vision "GAME PAUSED", sadly there is no "RESUME" button...I shall have to wait.

I find myself reflecting on the past few days and the "new" friends I have come to know. I cannot say it enough: wonderful, wonderful, wonderful people. I'm no big fan of southern California, but with people like the newly illumined Chance, Cybil, Grace, Ben, Aaron, Sarah, Cameron, John, Toy, Nava, and Isabella - I think I'd joyfully endure my comparatively petty dislikes of LA.

Please keep them in your prayers!

Comments

Popular Posts