A Long overdue Visit

I drove down to San Clemente today to meet Rick and Jason, both of whom are a part of Matthew’s House. What a joy it is to spend time with these men whose hearts are beating for God…it is always a savory experience to be in the presence of such people. I suspect that when I leave California that this will be my general sense of the journey – being wholly surrounded by people who are flowing with life and challenged with a desire to work out their salvation. It feeds life to me in return - not unlike the Holy Eucharist...sacraments abound!

Indeed, Rick, Jason, and I solved all of western Christendom’s problems – albeit with slightly different solutions - organizationally speaking. None-the-less we were united in what the “goal” is. It is a delicacy to me, as an Orthodox Christian, to be with non-Orthodox Christians and not feel pressed to defend the Eastern Faith with cleverly formed historical and theological arguments complete with proof-texts. On the contrary, these two folks listened patiently to my ruminations (my word for the day) about where I am and how I got here.

Alas, the time passed too quickly. I did not get to ask many questions I had intended – even some of the simple ones like about family life and such. Ahhhh…timelessness, indeed something we yearn for…something we need.

Blessed is the Kingdom….
Thank you Jason and Rick, my prayers are with you and all the people of Matthew’s House…
now and ever and unto ages of ages, amen.

Is it just my perception or did I use alot of food terminology? Sucks being down here and having to pass on In-n-Out Burger.


Comments

Popular Posts