The deepest thoughts I could muster tonight before going to bed

Having spent my fair shre of time in airports this last week, I had a rather sad epiphany. Since only passengers are allowed at the gates anymore, my daughter was deprived of seeing tearful goodbyes and joyous reunions therein (many of which - some including complete strangers - I have fond memories of), rather she might have seen some hurried and abbreviated versions of such human drama along the curb of the busy airport "drive through." Though it took terrorism to initiate it, I suspect we American's secretly prefer such "fast food" welcomes and farewells. It suits us.

And also:
In the old days, my Dad would get pissed off at me and demand repayment when upon opening the developed film envelope would find dozens of pictures of obscure little palm trees, flower pots, rotting fruit on the sidewalk, or that tiny little dot amidst a field of blue that I claimed was a bird. Ahhh...the wonders of technology! Delete, Delete, Delete....


Comments

Popular Posts