The mesmerizing pretty colors

As I flew out to Ohio a few weeks ago I sat next to my sister. I was reading The Ancestral Sin while she chose a somewhat lighter read in the form of People magazine (or some clone thereof).

Try as I might, my eyes keep leaving the deep theology of my pages for the brilliant colors of her magazine. My mind tried to focus: "The western church had centered it's sotierology on the fact that Demi Moore is apparently shopping for lingerie in Hollywood."

It was really hard...and in a bathroom break conversation I just had with my illustrious godson we agreed that if I were more purified and illumined I would not have been so drawn to those splashes of passionate colors like a fish to a lure, or a deer caught in headlights. It was an eerie experience to see how I was being sucked in - almost like the One Ring!

I envision me being Homer Simpson saying : "Mmmmm...pretty famous people doing everyday things....fascinating...." I can't wait to see if they get any pics of Catheryn Zeta-Jones picking up the regurgitated remains of her new baby's diapers after having been eaten by the family dog! Now THERE's excitement for ya!

...and if this post doesn't land some interesting search hits, I don't know what will.

Comments

Popular Posts