Money, money, money, money.....me me me me me my me more money

a bit of ranting and possible cussing to follow

Channel surfing for a brief period of time last night landed me on some religious channel featuring none other than Kenneth Copeland. Now, even as an evangelical I did not like the horseshit that this guy was shoveling and as I sat and listened to him last night I really felt ill. Oh how he and his kin have perverted the gospel....ONLY IN AMERICA!!! Jesus died to "trample down debt by debt." Like I said, I have always disliked the health and wealth gospel, but since being exposed to the Orthodox life for as long as I have (not that long really), it seemed all the more foreign, evil, deceptive, and sick to me. Maybe....just maybe God wants us to get out of debt by desiring less????? Naw.

Then this morning I scrolled through to a Christian radio show which featured a local pastor hollaring and shouting, much to the joy of his congregation who greeted his words with the typical cheers: "Yes Lord! Thank You Jesus! or Amen!" In time I realized that he was preaching from the beatitudes and sadly his emphasis was wholly on the term "blessed." In the end it was to him and his excited audience all about how God was going to make us feel good and fullfilled = "blessed." This is the message of the beatitudes??????

Yesterday on the same radio station I heard some pastor trying to explain pantheism and he was claiming that the nation of India could be one of the wealthiest nations in the world but that their pantheism kept them in poverty by insisting that they not harm animals. Thank God America is a Christian nation so that we are allowed to kill animals and thus be unfathomably wealthy...after all that's what it is all about: me and money.

Itching ears....ITCHING EARS! I guess I should not be suprised. Let me toot Orthodoxy's horn for a moment and say that I find comfort in the discomfort in gives me. Yes, the truth hurts.

Comments

Popular Posts