And so this is Lent...

The Temple nave grows dark as we sing...together...

O Joyful Light of the holy glory of the Immortal Father, heavenly, holy, blessed, Jesus Christ.
Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening,
We praise God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
For it is right at all times to worship you with voices of praise, O Son of God and Giver of life.
Therefore all the world glorifies Thee


And with that, the purple of Lent is revealed. We begin Lent together and we traverse it together. Our first act is that of forgiveness.

To the world...the trees, the animals, the stars, the waters of earth, and of course to my brothers and my sisters, I have sinned against you all! I have polluted the world with my many sins and have manifested death and sickness upon us all. Heal us Lord! Save us Lord! Make us whole!

I beg forgiveness from all of you...especially for all the times that I have spouted stupidity and rashness from my mouth or from this keyboard and have caused offense. I plead for God's mercy...healing oil.

...and so this is Lent.





Comments

Popular Posts