Abortion

Driving in to work this morning I was listening to NPR cover the story of the big "Women's rights" march this weekend. Sometimes NPR really pisses me off, because while covering the story they felt the need to make mention of someone from the opposing side of the issue and who did they choose? Some wack job who refused to give any other name other that "George Bush" and was shouting personally derogatory comments - often of a religious nature - to the marchers through a megaphone. It was absurd, it was sadly comical, and it was perturbing. For this is how pro-life supporters are being portrayed!

Maybe we are not doing a good enough job? Do we really believe that abortion is murder? Are we leaving the hard work to the fringe wackos? For my own part I am guilty because I despair over the situation...I have no hope for our hedonistic society to ever see abortion as more than a convenient medical procedure that soley effects body of a mother...and thus I do next to nothing.

I have held aborted fetuses in the palm of my hand and have seen the horror of it. The pictures often held up to disgust and shock people are not faked - or if they are, the ones I have seen are pretty darned good fakes. Regardless we are NOT dealing with a mere tissue blob, and believe me I was shocked and profoundly moved to see those tiny little human bodies torn to shreds...five fingers and five toes clearly visible on all of the severed limbs. As someone who was wavering on the issue (as he was with his Christianity at the time), my resolve against abortion was solidified.

Anyway...HEY NPR...how about getting an intelligent pro-lifer on there to give our side of the argument? Feel free to contact them....we might suggest Frederica Matthews-Green.


UPDATE: Just read the article referenced by SF Danckaert in which this exchange is noted:

"Look at the pictures, look at the pictures," shouted abortion opponents, holding up big posters showing a fetus at eight weeks.

"Lies, lies," marchers shouted back.


No greater example of people trying to remain blissfully ignorant.



Comments

Popular Posts