Afterglow and Back in the Saddle

I'm back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the long-horn cattle feed
On the lowly jimson weed
I'm back in the saddle again.

Ridin' the range once more
Totin' my old forty-four
Where you sleep out every night
Where the only law is right
I'm back in the saddle again.

Whoop-pi-ti-yi-yo
Rockin' to and fro
Back in the saddle again
Whoop-pi-ti-yi-yay
I go my own way
Back in the saddle again.


Remember Afterglow's? I guess we are in the afterglow of Pascha...sorta...though I don't recall my old afterglow's involving quite so much beer, scotch, whiskey, and tobacco! Of course it was not all about these little additives, the foundation of the main course was of course the joy of Pascha remaining with us - even now after Bright Week. Yes, yes I know some of you will say: "The Joy of Jesus should be with us all the time!" Okay...cool by me.

What a fantastic feast we had all of last week. And to cap it off, beloved persons from our Parish graciously took segmented portions of my family into their homes so that my wife and I could enjoy some time alone for our anniversary. Bless them for it! It was relaxing and refreshing.

Hate to go back to work...it just seems so unimportant and trivial compared to what we experienced during Holy and Bright Weeks. I mean, what the heck am I going to do here today (besides blog)? Advance Knowledge and Save lives? Uh-huh, sure.

Many thoughts rambling in my head...starting with a great joke (from Prarie Home Companion) which pokes fun at Unitarians - and at the current rate of "progress" may be applicable to many "Christian" sects in the near future.

How do you drive a Unitarian family out of town?

Burn a Question Mark in their lawn


Also, on a more serious note, do you know what the DSM-IV is? It is a large book fully entitled: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, which is often used by clinicians to assist them in diagnosing mental illness. Also it can be used by anyone by picking it up along with innumerbable reference guides, "commentaries", and "made easy" versions from Amazon.com. Thereby you can diagnose yourself and your friends!

So in what ways can we see similarities between the DSM-IV and the Bible? Hmmmm....


Comments

Popular Posts