Lazarus Saturday

Today we experienced the precursor of Pascha...the Resurrection of Lazarus which points to Christ's Resurrection and ultimately to our own. It is the tell tale sign that Lent is done and Holy Week beginning. Whilst many are opting to stop blogging this week, I have decided to carry on with the understanding that I find this time of theological speculation and contemplation beneficial to my salvation (at least most of the time)...if nothing else it causes me to consider those things which are most important and to set aside other less profitable things I could be doing on this computer.

Yes, yes, I could recede into a monastic-like state of being for the next 7 days (and no doubt this would be profoundly beneficial), but come on...I have four kids who are screaming and running about the house at this very moment. I am going to join them as they relish LIFE, and we'll pray later...and later still I may blog some more.

LIFE...brought to you by God. Ask Lazarus.

In confirming the common Resurrection, O Christ God,
Thou didst raise up Lazarus from the dead before Thy Passion.
Wherefore we also, like the children, bearing the symbols of victory,
cry to Thee, the Vanquisher of death:
Hosanna in the highest; blessed in He that cometh in the Name of the Lord.


Comments

Popular Posts