Elections

I have, to a large extent removed myself from much political thought lately. That being said, no matter your political opinions I cannot imagine that anyone really wants the new Iraqi government to fail (if I am wrong on this assumption: shame on you!)

This sunday, you might say a few extra prayers for the people who are brave enough to risk suicide bombers, kidnappings, and beheadings just to have a chance to vote. I hear it said that the terrorists are saying that they will be looking for people with inked thumbs (the means by which people will be prevented from voting twice)in order to kill them.

Can you imagine? How brave they must be, and wouldn't it be amazing if we see turnout percentages greater than many places here in the United States? I don't know what percentage it would take to call these elections a success, but I will say this: each and every person who does risk their lives to cast their vote is a success in and of themselves.


Comments

Munkee said…
Unless i had some special personal security force, no terrorist would catch me voting.
fdj said…
You might feel differently if you'd just spent your life under Saddam.
Seraphima said…
Then again, you may want to go read the analysis of these photos...terrorists. The root cognate being "terror," not "truth."
Seraphima said…
Then again, you may want to go read the analysis of these photos...terrorists. The root cognate being "terror," not "truth."
http://obsidianorder.blogspot.com/2005/01/very-special-effect.html
fdj said…
Help me out Erica...this bear of very little brain needs to have things spelled out for him.

What are you saying?

Popular Posts