Professional Sports

Generally I really dislike them... and tend to try and see them in a similar light as movies. If you produce a good team (like a good movie) I will watch it, but if you make a crappy team , well I am proud and happy to be a fair weather fan. Why on earth should I watch guys lose and provide no entertainment for me while they earn 100x my salary? Come on, if you are going to make that kind of money and my taxes are going to build your stadium you ought to be entertaining the HECK out of me! I should be positively GIDDY!

Of course, I truly believe these "professional atheletes" are overpaid, but there's nothing to be done about it. We as a culture ascribe worth...its quite arbitrary and insane really - we should expect nothing less from our world. (PS I feel quite the same with Rock Stars...no matter how talented or intelligent or artistic we may think they are.)

All of the this as a pretext to saying: Go Seahawks!
(who I hear are doing well this year)

Comments

Mimi said…
I love the Mariners, but don't follow football, but have watched a game or two this season.

I'll watch the playoffs though, I must be fairweather as well.
Christina said…
uhm, yeah, and the green bay packers (who are having a really bad year) beat the seahawks. my husband is from near green bay and so we HAVE to be packers fans (through thick and thin). although, growing up i was more inclined to be a seahawks fan just because of its proximity to portland (and no football team here).

Popular Posts