The Da Vinci Code of Global Warming

Paint me giddy, albeit a bit behind the times. But Michael Crichton's 2004 novel State of Fear is a "fictional" account of some grand conspiracy regarding global warming.

Don't get me wrong, I have no passionate position on either side of the global warming debate, but gee it's nice to see something very much analogous to "The Da Vinci Code", but writing instead about an issue usually held near and dear to those who ravenously devour Dan Brown and harold him as an authority on Christian History - primarily because it just makes them feel better about Jesus and his purportedly ignorant followers.

I don't really care to read the book, but just ask me how tempted I am to be seen carrying it? (Yeah I know, I am a rotten stinker!)

I have to admit to smiling and giggling outloud some as I read the reviews at Amazon which criticize Crichton's book, citing all the newest evidence to support global warming. [sarcasm] Come on guys, it's fiction...no one is going to believe this stuff, it's all in good fun! And now you'll excuse me while I run down to the Ford dealer and buy the biggest SUV I can find - something that gets the same gas mileage as the Queen Mary and releases more greenhouse gasses than all the cows in Wisconsin.[/sarcasm]

We can only hope they come out with a movie to further annoy people.

Comments

Mimi said…
Well, I thought the DVC was poorly written in addition to being crud. I think that Crichton's book sounds like crud as well, but given his past history, probably better written.

Popular Posts