National Day of Prayer Creates "Hostile Environment"?s

National Day of Prayer Creates "Hostile Environment"?


...for atheists.


Ummm...so 364 days of year of secularism ( which is to say: default atheism) simply isn't enough? Curiously enough...how many persons of religious persuasion do you suppose can actually identify WHEN the national Day of Prayer occurs? Further, even if they could...does anyone REALLY notice anything different about life in American on that particular day? So how exactly does one experience a "hostile environment"? of course, it's an absurd appeal to politically correct sensitivities.

Why do I have this image of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln opening up a big ol' can of whoop ass on the leader of the "Freedom From Religion Foundation"? (Of course, I don't mean literally, I mean a trip to the verbal woodshed) Didn't the paraphrase for the establishment clause used to be: "Freedom OF Religion"? Curious change.

I would not be surprised if they win.

All of this said, I was sorry to hear that they lost their case against the government with regard to the "faith based initiative." You want to know why I think they lost? (Yes you do). They lost because the "faith based initiative" isn't about "the church" with its values and beliefs infiltrating the government, it's about government infiltrating its values and beliefs (secularism, which is to say: default atheism) into "the church." The FRF I would have thought should have appreciated this more nuanced means of flipping the political game table on Christians.

Comments

Matt said…
"...it's about government infiltrating its values and beliefs (secularism, which is to say: default atheism) into "the church." "

Yes. You are absolutely right.
bob said…
You know, in the past I tended to roll my eyes at that sort of thing. Sanctimonious public display of piety, etc. Now that I'm reminded that it bothers people, I like it much better. Thank you for the wake up. That's probably it's intention.
---Bob K.

Popular Posts