Airborne Predator

Airborne Predator

I don't doubt it at all.

Just the other day I was upstairs and I happened to be looking out the window when I saw something white bolt across our driveway and into the woods behind the barn - so fast I could not tell what it was, but assumed it was one of our cats. Well, the dogs saw it and they went nuts and as they barreled down to the scene I saw a huge bird jet from one forested area to another over the same path that the cat had taken.

The dogs stopped short (heeding their invisible fence) and barked unto ages of ages. And then suddenly the bird appeared out of the woods and was headed directly toward my window. It was then, in the sunlight (a rarer thing to see this time of year than this bird), that I could see it was a Bald Eagle. It banked west and passed directly between the house and the cabin at window level...and was technically as close as I've ever been to this beautiful animal in the "wild."

It then occurred to me that this graceful creature was looking to make a meal of my cat! And then it further occurred to me that it just flew alongside a pasture full of 40+ fat and tasty chickens. So I ran outside to...well...I'm not sure what I was going to do. But, the eagle was nowhere to be found.

The cat, however, was.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am glad to hear it didn't get your mouser.

Popular Posts