Kick em when they're Down

Kick em when they're Down

Usually in Western Washington we get to enjoy snow for about 24 hours before it turns to rain. Not so this year. Since the 12th we've been dealing with sub-freezing temps (as low as the teens) and a variety of snow storms that have left us with about a foot of snow and others with much more. More in the forecast tonight. I've not been to Church since the 12th and I made it to work ONCE last week (Tuesday) and not again until today - but this was in part due to a really nasty cold I've gotten amidst all of this snow, and it is STILL lingering much like the snow. Sunday night we lost our power. I'd been wondering how long before all those branches I heard creaking under the weight of snow would land on a power line. Thankfully we got electricity back before the following night.

We'll see what happens tonight. Many services have been canceled already it would be a shame to lose more - albeit wholly understandable. I'm still astonished that more snow is coming. ENOUGH ALREADY!



Somehow...I got sucked into facebook. If you got sucked into it as well and would like to be "friends"...look me up: James Ferrenberg.

I have some thoughts on Nativity that I'll post later.

Comments

Susan Sophia said…
Your ordination was on the 14th. We haven't been to Church since the 14th. :)
fdj said…
Hmmm...no idea where I got the 12th from.
Liz in Seattle said…
Snow-induced brain rot. Yesterday, all four of us stir-crazy Fallins simultaneously began knocking things over. Accidentally. Pathetic ;-)

Pray for us...we're supposed to cross the Bridge on Christmas morning (cue Jaws theme).

Popular Posts