Yes, we here in Washington ARE insane

Yes, we here in Washington ARE insane


In case you needed convincing:

Coming to Capitol: 'Festivus' display


As if Kwanzaa were not "made up" enough for ya, how about "Festivus" from Seinfeld? (Presently, the blogger spell check is accurate with the former, but not yet the latter). It was a hilarious episode, but if anything demonstrates the retard tax we ought to impose on our legislators (for being retarded and for being legislators) then it is truly this.

No further commentary would do this justice, really. Sorely tempted though I may be, I'll only add this: well, nevermind. On second thought...I just want them to give me a tax break for having to put up with the state government being overtly and blatantly retarded beyond all comprehension.

I'm still shaking my head: I give these people money to function. Much ado was apparently made recently when Jon Stewart asked Mike Huckabee why we should trust the government with nuclear weapons but not with handing out bread to people. Well duh! Blowing stuff up is EASY! Heck you can tell any pimply faced 13 year old boy to "Go blow that up!" and he will do it...and do it well - enjoy it even. But, running an effective charitable organization is at LEAST as complex as deciding on sensible holiday decorations.

Consider this post my little contribution to that venerable tradition of Festivus: "The airing of grievances."

But seriously, this really is getting out of hand. Somewhere out there in the real world of human contact and day to day living, people will STILL simply say "Merry Christmas" and no one will come unglued.

Comments

Christina said…
I heard this on the radio the other day and almost had to pull over I was laughing so hard. The insanity of it all! Maybe Orthodox Washingtonians should get together and put up a Nativity icon at the capitol building?!?! The Orthodox churh is under-represented and our voices must be heard!
Liz in Seattle said…
I'm with Christina ;-)

OTOH, I kind of like all of this wackiness. Maybe if the citizenry keeps adding stuff, there will be no room left for the legislators to get together and up our taxes. I'm just saying.
fdj said…
Well that's an interesting point Liz...I reckon a plastic cow from the Nativity scene would make for a better legislator than the ones we have...heck better than ANY legislator.
Susan Sophia said…
I wonder how much of this is done in jest, just to see how far we can get them to go for. I really think the latest is purely that. The guy is sitting back and having himself a good laugh.
Mimi said…
I agree with Christina, that's a good idea.

Other than that, I have to admit, the idea of walking through a maze of holiday tchotches makes me giggle.
Liz in Seattle said…
So here's a thought. Myra's "new and improved" statue of St. Nicholas could use a new home...

Popular Posts