A Fantastic Article

A friend recently told me that journalists these days are more like propagandists...I tend to agree. I'm going to turn off the news for awhile and stop going to internet news sites...I just can't stand it anymore (see last two posts) - journalists do much more than report the news, they are making political, social, and religious commentary under the guise of news telling. (Of course in one case the media is goading a radical group into rioting and perhaps killing - utterly freaking brilliant - but where is the NEWS in THAT story!!! OK....sorry...clearly not done being angered by this.)

Anyway...another friend sent me this article from FMG and it is wonderful. It helped me forget the stupidity in the world and to return to considering my own stupidity.

Comments

existentialist said…
Wow thanks James this is so relevant! I am coming from a very worldy background into the Orthodox church and it is a rough and rocky road. Of course sex is an issue. I deeply respect Frederica Matthew-Greenes. She wrote The Bible and The Holy Fathers for Orthodox. When I am disciplined enough to read the scriptures in the morning I use this book. I got it used from Archangel Bookstore in San Francisco which is run by my former church. It is good to have such a live dialogue about such current issues. Refreshing! I lived in Washington for a year, in Trout Lake while I served in Americorps. Klickitat County is beautiful, but there is no Orthodox church in Trout Lake so that is why I could not stay.
fdj said…
Hi Olypiada!

Thank you for your kind words...please forgive my recent ranting...it happens from time to time.

:)

I'm not sure where Trout Lake is?
existentialist said…
What ranting? I thought I was the one who was ranting. Well at least you can ask forgiveness. That is important. Trout Lake, WA is in Klickitat County in the Columbia River Gorge. I have a whole bunch of photographs I would like to publish on line. Any suggestions?

I read that article about Bodies of Evidence. It was intense and made me cry. I got some real problems as we all do. Lord Jesus Christ Son of God Have Mercy on Me The Sinner!
existentialist said…
I am sorry but I have to rant some more. Please delete this if you need to. This article REALLY sets me off. This whole dialogue about sex as power has gotten me in BIG trouble. I don't have any answers. I am in a bad place, a real bad place, hell, a shattered marriage. I printed that article out and I could feel my violence swirling at it. I wanted to dig into it with a weapon. I am one messed up chick!
fdj said…
Olympiada...

Was trying to send you an email, but realized that I only have your address at home. Look for it later...in the meantime I just wanted to encourage you to "rant away"...sometimes it is good to blow off some steam.

I have really appreciated browsing through your pics and posts. You have a beautiful daughter!

Popular Posts