I realize we were FAR too dry last winter...

...and I realize we got the whole "Theophany/Water" thing going on, but ENOUGH ALREADY!
I guess I take comfort in knowing that Orthodox Churches all over the Northwest blessed the water that is now dumping all over us - even as we begin our 24th consecutive day of rain. After 33 days we will have broken the record set in 1953, and this rather bleak prediction from the NWS offers much hope that we can make this goal: "There are no dry days in the foreseeable future."

My backyard is a swamp, my dog and kids track in mud, and for some insane reason my lower left leg (and only my lower left leg) gets utterly soaked when I walk to and from my bus stop. Natrually, the rain always prefers to synchronize its downpours with my varying work schedule.

Well, in a sense, it is blessed water...try and enjoy it. Just remember though, it isn't tame.

Comments

Mimi said…
And boy are we getting a lot of the blessed water back upon us.
Thomas Ham said…
About 3 or 4 days worth of rain this winter in southern california now.
fdj said…
tisk tisk tisk...don't rub it in now!

I used to live there too, and despite being wet up here, I would not go back. My little "rub it in" phrase: one beautiful Seattle day is worth a dozen So Cal days.

If I ever make a big move, I'm going further north.
layne (herman) said…
Have you noticed that the area in front of the bus stop seems to be the lowest part of the street... thus allowing cars and buses to toss water on the folks standing there waiting for the bus.

It is cool to think that the waters that have been blessed on Theophany get evaporated into the skies and then re-poured onto the people and city.
Mimi said…
Have you noticed that the area in front of the bus stop seems to be the lowest part of the street... thus allowing cars and buses to toss water on the folks standing there waiting for the bus

True, that.
Thomas Ham said…
I want to get to Portland. So I feel ya!

Popular Posts