Running afoul of...doctrine

This bit of news from my wife's paternal neck o' the woods. No, not San Francisco or New York...but the home of Lutheranism in America (hehehe), the heartland, the MidWest, yes, the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul (they might consider a name change in the near future on that last one).

Now, I confess to not knowing what exactly is involved in being a "charter" school in Minnesota, but I have a hard time imaginging a public school (chartered or otherwise) doing such a contortionist act for anything "running afoul of...[Christian] doctrine." I mean, c'mon now, isn't this going over the top? What about the 30% of students - say like perhaps my children for whom the image of God is a very holy and sacred thing? How would they reconcile THAT? If I wanted to be a troublemaker (and yes I generally do) I could argue for MY RIGHTS and say that the LACK of images of the Human Form fundamentally runs afoul of the our sacred doctrine regarding the Incarnation. Blah blah blah.

Comments

Popular Posts