The Totalitarian State

I heard one of the anti-State of the Union protestors here in Seattle last night comment that they believed conservatives were leading us toward a totalitarian state and that they were shoving their morality down "our" throats.

Well, kindly tell me what this is, if not shoving morality (twisted though it may be) down the throat of a PRIVATE company?

How long before OB-GYN's MUST offer to perform abortions? "Emergency contraception pills"? What a joke! It's like bungee jumping without a bungee and then expecting to buy a parachute afterwards...claiming: hey it was an emergency!

In time, we shall no longer expect to have to take responsibility for ANYTHING. We see it already:

Hey, I spend hardly ANY time with my kids and they are really screwed up, what drugs should I give them? Hey I had sex and might be pregnant, can't I get a pill from WalMart? I spilled hot coffee on me, should I sue the server's business or the corporation that made the coffee machine?

You'll recall I mentioned the Planned Parenthood poster on Community Transit busses that advertise free birth control with this large fonted phrase "Take Control!" Ummm...outside of rape...uhhhhh...at what point did we NOT have control of birthing babies? As far as I can recollect, we generally expect that people can control their sexual impulses...why else do we make rape a crime - instead of an incident after which a person needs to be mentally healed?

Sigh, I should go to law school.

Comments

Meg said…
Either law school or politics. Hey, we *need* a politician who tells it like it is.

Popular Posts