Urban Desert Part 2

It was great to see old friends. Unfortunately, I entered the weekend feeling as if my cold was getting worse and indeed it did, fully investing itself in my lungs and sinuses. Sudafed was an ever present companion, and I fear I was unable to fully enjoy the good company as I would have liked. Hopefully I did not share these germs...for those who may read this from there: sorry :(

I was particularly blessed to spend time with the gentlemen members of their Sunday evening "study" group. What a terrific collection of devout young men (I think I can say "young", right?), no doubt their piety shames me.

Time moves so quickly. Demographics of both individual families and their Parish family has changed dramatically since my last time down there. Youth abounds in different ways. Many families are growing with babbling and googling babies, while the Parish is expanding with a goodly number of tattooed and pierced college age folk. While strolling past the catechism class I noticed it was packed with some 30 people. How wonderful!

It's funny, I starting to feel like a country bumpkin in Seattle sometimes, but going to LA? Wow..."Killick, I don't think we are in Kitsap anymore." I'm definitely singing with Eddie Albert's part.

Had a wonderful time, despite my lungs collection of fluid, but as always it is good to be home. There's work to do, both in my vineyard and the Lord's.

Comments

Mimi said…
I'm glad you had a good time, and saw old friends - I hope you gave them my wishes.


And, I hope you feel better soon.
You must be a Patrick O'Brian fan.
fdj said…
You must be a Patrick O'Brian fan.

Just so...though my dog complains far less than his namesake.
:)
Nice to find another O'Brian admirer. I enjoy your blog.

Popular Posts