The Ferrenberg Chicken T-Rex Ranch

When I was a kid, say in the 70's, I was - like most boys my age - fascinated by dinosaurs. I always noticed how similar birds' feet were to many dinosaur carnivores' feet. It was never a surprise to me when the bird-dinosaur link began to grow in popularity.

So, maybe it was T-Rex's cousin we had for dinner last night when we ate this fellow. He was delicious...I've never seen such dark and rich meat on a store bought chicken. The dark meat almost tasted like beef...I kid you not.

Anyway...I've always sort of seen something...hungry...in our birds' eyes as they stand next to the fence watching me. Maybe they are thinking, "Boy, in the old days the tables would be turned."




In related news, we are now selling T-Rex eggs. Three dozen out the door already.

Comments

Munkee said…
I heard something interesting the other day...supposedly, old roosters make great soups. The old meat is flavorful, the long cooking time tenderizes it.
Liz in Seattle said…
Sounds like we'll need a bigger frying pan...
fdj said…
Could be Aaron, I dunno. This bird was just barely a year old, but the difference between the meat I'm used to and what he had was astonishing.

Apparently we've decided to invest in raising some meat birds.

Popular Posts