Flashbacks

I awoke this morning to stumble half-asleep out the front door, bid my wife farewell as she played with ___________ the new puppy on the porch, and then after locking Susan out of the house I headed into the blackness. As I fumbled to locate the locking mechanism of the truck (asking myself why I bothered locking it to begin with and then reminding myself it was to keep the kids out of it yesterday evening since I'd just cleaned it and we are trying to sell it), I noticed the trees were rustling in the winds and the rain was coming down in an all too familiar pouring mist. Truly, after the last few days, I'm beginning to wonder if we might have bypassed October and jumped right into late November.

The drive to the Park-N-Ride was another adventure as I dodged huge branches spread across the road and even helped a man who had just finished sawing up a tree to push one its remaining logs out of our way to make the road passable. Lord, not another winter like the last one, please!

I laid down on one of the bench seats of our vanpool and tried to sleep, but "the weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed, if not for the courage...."
It was just enough rocking and rolling to keep me thinking about winter as opposed to sleeping.

Cold, windy, and wet. I hope the wood lasts and is sufficiently dry.

Comments

Popular Posts