YeeeeeHAW!


It was indeed a wild ride last night - thoroughly enjoyable. I went and stood out - as far as they will let you - and watched the stormy waters and it was awesome. 4-5 feet I would guess, enough to rock the big ferry and get the first 20 or so cars soaked.

Trees were down everywhere and not surprisingly our power was out. We spent an enjoyable evening by candlelight eating wood stove-top soup and just hanging out. I was truly amazed to watch all four kids sit down and play a game together without much of any fighting or grumbling. Susan and I both agreed we should do this more often....just not 6 times in a row.

We did finally get our power back around 8am this morning.

Comments

Mimi said…
I'm glad the power is back and that you are ok. I thought of you when I heard about the ferries last night.
Liz in Seattle said…
Wahoo! But if you're getting green water over the bow, kindly duck back inside the cabin, away from the windows.

BTDT, albeit on a 25-ft sailboat. Green water, and green around the gills.

Our power was out until bedtime. Candlelight hot dogs (we have a gas stove, neener neener), a fire lit by a Boy Scout, and hot cocoa.

Enjoy picking up the branches.

Popular Posts