Miami Vice

Remember Sonny Corckett always wore a suit jacket over a t-shirt? Well, having been in Miami now for two days I must laugh at such insanity. I'm pretty sure it is 145 degrees outside and the humidity level convinces me that Al Gore has been proved right: Surely we are under water. It's October for crying out loud!

I'm down here for a DAIDS Regional Training seminar and will be here until early Thursday morning. The jist of this training is to try and get all labs around the world to be on the same validation and QC/QA page - particularly with regard to HIV testing and research (i.e. vaccine trials). I feel like I am at the UN (except that no genocidal maniacs are assigned to human rights committees) in that we have a barrage of radios and translators that help us all communicate with one another. It's pretty cool how it all works.

I have a couple of people in my vanpool who have asked for dress advice for when they come down here next week. I've suggested that since this is essentially like the surface of venus: space suits.

More to say later.

Comments

Popular Posts