Father of the Year Award!

Michael Newdow has lost his Supreme Court case against the use of the word "god" in the Pledge of Allegiance. A case I am really not all that interested in, however, he lost it because he apparently doesn't have sufficient custody/legal authority over his daughter, for whom he was bringing the case forward to begin with.

Sounds to me like the Supreme Court was shuffling their feet.

That aside, this quote from an AP news article had me rolling on the lab floor laughing:

"I may be the best father in the world," Newdow said shortly after the ruling was announced. "She spends 10 days a month with me. The suggestion that I don't have sufficient custody is just incredible. This is such a blow for parental rights."

Well there you have it...this years "father of the year" is Michael Newdow who spends 10 days a month with his daughter! Congratulations! Well done Michael! 10 days a month, amazing, that is unheard of! Astonishing! 10 days out of 30! All the world's fathers bow before you!

I wonder how much time and money he spent on the court case?


Comments

Popular Posts