You DON'T always get what you pay for

Since we apparently are on the topic of liquor.

"Two Buck Chuck" (aka Charles Shaw - which always makes me think of banking rather than wine) has apparently received "Double Gold" Status at the International Eastern Wine Competition - specifically their Shiraz, and it can be found for round about $2.00 (give or take) at your local Trader Joe's.

Alas, I find that I am less and less of a wine fan and would prefer a fine ale anyday. I also find that price is not neccesarily indicative of quality in the realm of stronger spirits either.

Might I recommend Evan Williams Single Barrel Bourbon whose 1994 vintage hit the shelves a few months ago and retails here in Washington for around $26.00 (and I've seen it as cheap as $19.99 out of state). I cannot help but allow my Kentucky DNA to come out in accent form whenever I sip a fine bourbon!

Also, many thanks to my good friend, and a man of apparently very few blogging words as of late Stevie O'Fallin for his introducing me to the relatively inexpensive wonders of Aberlour 10 : Single Malt Scotch, which sells here for $33.00 (please refrain from telling me how much cheaper you can get it elsewhere!).

Hmmmm...(in reflecting on this post) it must be the weekend.


Comments

Popular Posts