The Wisdom of Solomon?

Two siblings fight. Four sibling fight more - exponentially I suspect.

I found my two daughters engaged in a heated "debate" over a doll. Tears and wrestling abounded...and an all too common discussion tool place after I interrupted.

"Who had it first?"

"I did," they said in unison. (Sometimes I actually do get an honest answer on this, but always accompanied by an excuse as to why the mysterious law is inapplicable in the given circumstance.)

Now usually I'd suggest setting a timer and bestowing the toy to one child for an allotted amount of time with a switch to be anticipated at the beep. However, seeing a baby doll being the object of contention I thought I'd try another approach:

"I will get my saw, cut it in half and give each of you a part."

"I want the head!" they shouted in unison.

Sigh...I headed off for the kitchen timer.

Comments

Popular Posts