Interesting Pic



The caption on this photo reads as follows:

Orthodox priests laden with military medals lay flowers at a memorial to World War II veterans at a memorial park in Kiev Wednesday, May 9, 2007. Ukraine marked Victory Day, one of the most important commemorations in this ex-Soviet republic which lost an estimated 7 million soldiers in the war. (AP Photo/Sergei Chuzavkov)

The man on the left doesn't have a pectoral cross or a cool hat so I wonder if he is actually a reader or deacon. None-the-less, I assume the medals indicate these men are veterans. Military medals on cassocks...hmmm...liable to make some folk squirm.
:)

Comments

Stacy said…
Oh this causes such a stirring within me, but probably not the kind of which you were speaking. It reminds me of this recent post.
fdj said…
Excellent...I am just reading the main article you linked to.
Stacy said…
What did you think of the main article?

Popular Posts