The seething underbelly of Africa

The Seething underbelly of Africa

Specifically, MY seething underbelly. I'm told in Lugandan it is called "Ekyidukano" (pronounded "Echi-doo-kano") which is translated as "Running Stomach." Sounds pleasant doesn't it? Ah the joys of discussing the origin of Lugandan words for loose stools...precisely what I came to Africa to do. Anyway, I thought I was getting over it, but it clearly still remains. Patrick has kindly volunteered to run down to the IDI clinic and see about getting some Immodium or something comparable. I'll likely head home a little early, drink my fluids, and relax for the weekend. Prayers appreciated, but worry is discouraged...this is not uncommon. I'm sure I'll laugh about it later.

Comments

Anonymous said…
TIME TO COME HOME! I LOVE YOU!
bob said…
Yes, do come back. You can stick your head in Lake Washington, drink a quart, and feel fine the next day. We take alot for granted, don't we?

Popular Posts