We have a new MET!

We have a new MET!

Eis polla eti, Despota!
Metropolitan JONAH!

Addendum:

I am overjoyed with the choice of Bishop Jonah as Metropolitan. I cannot say anything about the others (e.g. Bishop JOB) who may have been elected, but I (and many I know) have been blessed to know Metropolitan JONAH personally. I first met then Abbot Jonah before I was even Orthodox at a retreat where he spoke about prayer, fasting, and monasticism, and I can still remember the effect his talks had on my wife and I - indeed he greatly furthered our desire to enter into the Church. Since that time, Abbot Jonah would be a regular "feature" in the Pacific Northwest, giving talks and at one point looking for land to relocate his monastery - which alas never panned out.

I've been fortunate to have numerous occasions of informal conversation with Abbot Jonah and in decidedly informal surroundings...including Outback Steakhouse once. An odd place to "hang" with an Abbot, but I enjoyed such times and I truly believe this is a humble, loving, spiritually perceptive, pious and yet down-to-earth (accessible) follower of Christ. And now a Metropolitan of Christ's Church! Glory to God!

Truly:
AXIOS! AXIOS! AXIOS!

Comments

Mimi said…
Axios.

I once had lunch with him too.
fdj said…
It's kinda cool to have hung out with a Metropolitan, eh?

Truly though...I can think of no one more worthy to the task at hand.
Liz in Seattle said…
Officially, I say AXIOS!!! And unofficially, I say WHOOPEEE! Our whole family is thrilled.
Anonymous said…
At an Outback Steakhouse?
fdj said…
Yes, Outback. An informal and unofficial post-diocesan luncheon and Hieromonk Jonah joined us...ummm...and it was also in Las Vegas if I may add to the imagery.
Mimi said…
Apparently, the new Metropolitan took a sweet and sour tofu off my plate when I excused myself to the restroom, even.

Very cool!

And, I agree, I am thrilled, I think it is the best decision for the church.
Anonymous said…
Do OCA monastics eat meat?
fdj said…
Do OCA monastics eat meat?

I don't recall what +JONAH ordered at Outback...didn't pay attention.

Popular Posts