Buddism, Taoism, and Confucianism, oh MY!

In all my many years as an evangelical I never met a Christian convert from one of these faiths/philosophies. In the 3 years since looking into and becoming Orthodox I have met five that I am pretty sure I could name if push came to shove (Granted, none of them are native to lands dominated by these faiths...which if you think about it might make their conversion all that much more amazing!). OK, so no grand assumptions here...but let us presume to believe that my experience is indicative of the fact that people with a pension for eastern religions find something very attractive in the Orthodox brand of Christianity. What do you suppose it is? I have a few theories and thoughts, but let's flush them out together. Perhaps some of you converts who read this blog might do us the honor of sharing your experience?


Comments

Popular Posts