Catch 22

Well I knew it would happen as soon as I began to hear that Mel's movie was making money...ALOT of money. Andy Rooney called him a wacko and added: My question to Mel Gibson is: "How many million dollars does it look as if you're going to make off the crucifixion of Christ?"

Yes yes yes, Initially he was wrong to make it because it would fail and NOW he was wrong to make it because it is going to succeed. Whatever. Deal with it Hollywood!

And it appears they are. See. Looky there folks, we Christians are a profitable market niche!

As a side note, in conversing with my Godfather over the weekend he has given to me what I take to be a wise perspective and thus personally applicable advice. As I have said, I have misgivings about Mel's film and though I plan to see it (as does my Godfather), I will wait until after Pascha...I don't want Mel's (or anybody elses) personal vision of our Lord's suffering running freshly through my head during Holy Friday services.

Thanks to Labarum Blog for directing me to the NYT article.


Comments

Popular Posts