A sign of the times...

on the bus, and it reads:

At Last! Free Birth Control! Call to see if YOU qualify for "Take Charge!"

Hmmmmm...well, putting rape aside, when exactly did human beings lose the ability to be in charge of their own sex lives? Are we slaves to sin (as some Christians might believe - I was under the impression that we have been set free?) or to our DNA (as it seems MOST of the world believes - though they might deny it outright for some of the more nefarious implications the presuppostion has.)

Furthermore, AIDS prevention in some African country (Congo?) has had apparently had significant success by promoting abstinence and also faithfullness. Now they are beginning to emphasize condom use more, using the following "buzz phrase": "A, B, C : Abstain, Be Faithful, if you Can't - use a condom."

IF YOU CANNOT...read it again...IF YOU CANNOT ABSTAIN, IF YOU CANNOT BE FAITHFUL!

Oh how wonderful it is to be able to fall back onto those comforting words: I cannot, therefore I am going to get "Take Charge!" I cannot, therefore I am going to use a condom!

I have a new one: "A, B, F"

"F" is for FAIL.


Comments

Popular Posts