A Few More Pics

This is a picture of the choir from the service out in Bombo. I just thought the headscarf was cool, even though I have no idea what the "Mother's Union" is...need to try and remember to ask Fr. Peter.


Three chalices and still, very long communion lines. This is from the Bombo service. After Matins ended we had this down time where we were all waiting for the Metropolitan to arrive, during which they had some of the choirs sing - including a children's choir that was an absolute joy to listen too. I have videos, though I fear the sound quality is not very good.


Miss Bell didn't have any sweet tea at this little country store outside Kampala, in a little town whose name I cannot remember.


This is a "Boda-Boda" - a motorcycle taxi. It is supposed - by some - to be the cheapest and most efficient way to get through the insanity of Kampala traffic. Of course, it also must be the most dangerous as these guys work so hard - by weaving in and out of traffic - to make it the most efficient. You could not pay me to ride on one of these. Here this guy and his client are riding past a furniture store - the furniture is out in the mud...covered, because we'd just had another massive downpour. Note the helmets they are wearing? Right. And I've noticed the ladies always ride in the proper lady-like style.

Comments

Popular Posts