Mission

Mission

I've been thinking about Mission a great deal lately. I will have some more detailed thoughts laid out shortly - for whatever they are worth, but I do want to note this news from our mission to Kitsap County.

Last Sunday we had a meeting in order to lay out our options with regard to buying/building our own place of worship. A fellow parishioner did a great deal of research into our options and then laid them out for us. After some discussion, it was then noted that a number of people had told Fr. C that they had money set aside for when the time was right to start us along in the process of building our church, this being the case we were asked to write down what dollar amounts we were willing to contribute. It was our hope to ascertain a rough idea, based on all the research we had set before us, what direction to head in and what sort of time frame in which to do it.

When the tally was read, I was floored. I can only really speak for myself, but I suspect everyone was surprised by the level of commitment shown. At the beginning of the presentation someone reminded us and said that we have absolutely no time line and that it may not even be in our lifetime that we see our church built. I believe given what we saw later, there is no doubt this very well could happen much much sooner than that. We arguably do have enough for a down payment right now!

Glory to God! I really must express what a joy it is to be a part of all of this; to be a part of a community so committed to the cause of establishing an Orthodox Church and bringing the light and life of Christ to Kitsap county.

We have a long way to go, obviously, and so your prayers for St. Elizabeth Orthodox Mission are much sought after.

And some absolutely SHAMELESS "commerce":
Additionally, if you should feel so inclined or led, please feel free to help us financially by clicking HERE. If you don't use pay pal and would like to contribute, please feel free to email me and we can make arrangements.

Comments

123 said…
I had no idea you went to Fr. Christopher's church in WA. He baptized me! I've been thinking back to it as my son is to be baptized in 10 days at the same church, by the elder Fr. Christopher at the Cathedral in NYC.

(My old online moniker was Christoher3rd, as your Fr. Christopher was 2nd and our common Fr. Christopher was 1st).
Mimi said…
What a lovely gift!
fdj said…
Yeah! We moved a couple years ago to start our little hobby farm. Fr. C has been a wonderful blessing to us and to our community.

Many Years to Jasper and his proud parents!

Popular Posts