Survival is imminent

Survival is imminent

While this may be a little much (buying land in South America?), I am none-the-less a big proponent of self-sufficiency...even in the very worse of times. We buy fire insurance, we install smoke detectors, we even install CO detectors....why not be a little prepared for the worse? Or at least be prepared for a brief period of not so much fun and not a whole lot to watch on TV.

I wonder if people see survivalists as wacko in part because they look through lenses that are colored with a bit too much faith in the "establishment"?

A bit of self-sufficiency will do no one any harm. I've no idea what the future holds, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one who wished they'd asked more and gleaned more from grandma and grandpa with regard to the Great Depression and just generally being able to endure hardship. If things really go south, my guess is we are going to discover just what pansies we all really are...save those we now call wackos.

What's that old wise tale about the grasshopper and the ant?

Comments

Popular Posts