Statement on Iraq

Our Metropolitan PHILLIP issued a heartfelt statement on our government's leanings toward war with Iraq. I think it is well said and will likely fall on deaf ears. I think our Middle Eastern policies will continue along the same road and will therefore continue to alienate the people of the region from any possible feelings of goodwill towards our nation. Because we are now the "only game in town," I am honestly afraid of what policies shall yet arise in the future.

I'm not sure what the current protestant end-time fad is nowadays - but in my time we believed that the European Union would be the new Babylon...but I always thought (even then) that it'd be more likely to be America. Ahhhh end times prophecy and the book of Revelation...another BIG difference between the East and West, but that shall have to wait for another post.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the Sons of God.

Holy Saint Irenaios please pray for us and for the peace and stability of the world

O first enthroned of the Apostles
Teachers of the whole world
entreat the Master of all to grant peace to the world
and great mercy to our souls

Comments

Popular Posts