Angry and sad...

Just heard that the sicko pervert suspect they picked up in connection with the disappearance of 9 year old Jessica Lunsford has admitted he killed her. He apparently abducted her from her bedroom! (From her bedroom! And Michael Moore says we have no reason to be afraid and ought not to be concerned about leaving doors unlocked...wanna bet a grandmother is hating herself right now for failing to lock one of the doors that fateful night? Christ have mercy.) I was just telling coworkers today how sad our world is when for my children's own safety I have to teach them to be generally suspicious and distrustful of strangers.

I am beside myself over this. I follow these stories with a stupid sense of hope, despite the fact that we know how child abductions usually end up. I don't understand this evil...nobody can tell me that it is a difference of degrees compared to my own sin, there is an evil here than transcends anything I can fathom - even more perverse than a terrorist sawing off a head. Demonic posession perhaps? Such an intense hatred for humanity that it would fill someone with a desire to violate such innocence...demonic is all I can imagine.

I could sit here and let this anger and sadness ferment, but instead I am going to go and pray for Jessica and her family...and for us all. For the sicko...well sorry freak, I don't have it in me, you are on your own. God forgive me.

Comments

Popular Posts