HONKAHILLAROCKABILLY

So my wife sends me the link to the Jefferson County Fairgrounds entertainment line up.

A mere 25 or so miles (as the crow flies) from where the Fremont Solstice celebrations happen...amazing. Guess which feels more like home to me...even with an Elvis impersonator? Heck it looks even better than the Sultan Shindig!

Of particular note is Knut Bell & the Blue Collars. Man, listen to some of their samples - I am SO lovin their stuff. I used to be into the Rockabilly scene for awhile and I must admit to missing it...especially this Johnny Cash sounding "honkahillarockabilly" stuff.

Comments

Anonymous said…
it's the weekend right before dormition, when bishop benjamin will be at st elizabeth's, come for the rockabilly and stay for the bishop. :)
fdj said…
I might be living there by then.
:)
layne (herman) said…
Dawn, you made me chuckle... I can see the poster now:

"Come for the Rockabilly...
Stay for the Bishop."


I like Johnny Cash, so I may like Knut Bell.

i remember reading an article that stated that Johnny Cash was the FIRST "gangsta rapper", what with a song that went: "early one morning while making the rounds, i took a shot of cocaine and i shot my woman down...." (okay so TJ Arnall wrote the lyrics, but Johnny made the song famous.)

Popular Posts