Pointy Shoes and Beef

A bit o' levity.

These shoes are dumb looking. I am seeing more and more of them...and they are beginning to scare me. Besides being dumb looking (images of court jesters come to mind) but they also look profoundly dangerous.

Beef, it's what for dinner.

I could listen to Sam Elliot talk for hours...reckon it don't matter about what, though I'd hope it was about cattle drives, bourbon, or beautiful sunsets on the prarie, or something like that. When I think of a cowboy, I typically think of him.

When I hear his beef commercials I can't help but listen - mesmerized somewhat...here's my favorite:

Sacrifice

Check em all out here.

Anyone hungry?

Comments

Anonymous said…
HUSH YOU!!!!

Pointy toed stillettos are one of the great loves of my life. I LOVE my dangerous shoes!!!! Unfortunately, I am not nearly as cool as Bethany Pavlik and Hilary-Rose Bryant, and therefore cannot wear them to church. Chris was a little worried when I referred to my especially dangerous stillettos as my "hooker shoes." The shoes in the pic you posted are actually pretty tame.
Susan Sophia said…
I LOVE Sam Elliot too, his voice oh my and he makes the perfect cowboy...shhhh don't tell my hubby. :)

Speaking of COWboys Sam Elliot plays Ben the cow in a new animated film to come out in August called Barnyard.
It looks hilarious!
Anonymous said…
Sam Elliot is also one of my personal "mustache heros", despite being non-Slavic...
My only comment on the shoes, women in Serbia wear stuff like that to church, standing on pointy heels on stone floors for two hours. Ugh!
Anonymous said…
They do that in Lebanon too.

Lebanese women are the best dressed women in the whole world, in my opinion.
fdj said…
WITH OBSCENELY POINTY SHOES!!!

Is outrage!
Meg said…
I tried to comment on this the other day, but the site wouldn't come up. You gals who love your pointy shoes so much: These were fashionable in the 1950s, and I had a pair. I loved them too. What I *don't* love, 50 years later, is that my pinky toenails, having essentially disappeared for some 30 years, finally reappeared, horribly deformed. They grow sideways. I still haven't figured out how to cut them, so periodically, they fall out on their own, and regrow -- sideways. I am not kidding. Wear at your own risk. (Thank heaven for Birkies.)

Popular Posts