Country Music, Lent, Valentine's Day, and Fatherhood

Yep, another country song. This one both warns and encourages us to remember that we are being watched by our kids, and in this case specifically our sons. The chorus has the son singing to Dad:

He said I've been watching you dad, ain't that cool
I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you
And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are
We like fixing things and holding mama's hand...


Don't think, Dads, that our kids (both sons and daughters) fail to see how Dad treats mom and how you both love one another. And as this song expresses: our children will both mimic and our daughters will expect the same (both good and bad). So "holding mama's hand" can accomplish a great deal more than you might think.

Comments

Excellent point and a deep truth. I enjoy reading your blog and marvel at some of your adventures in your neck of the woods. I am on the other end of the country (coastal south Georgia) and things here are very, very different.

Popular Posts