Columbia Roll on

Somewhere, at the bottom of the Columbia River, sits a rather large (apparently TOO large!) gold wedding band. I watched it slip quickly and easily from my fingers as I washed salmon slime and blood from my fingers. It was a strange experience to feel it come off and then watch it twinkle in the sunlight as it fell toward the bottom.

I miss it...my finger feels naked, though I'm not sure who told it so. But, there is a sort of romanticism in thinking about the ring being there. I love rivers and I love fishing - so does my wife. Perhaps this will mean that that area will be special to us forever? That grand river now becomes a very personal symbol of our commitment?

Well...who knows. This I do know though: the freezer is full and we'll be back next year.

Salmon and a fine IPA to any and all who wish to visit.

"Honey, where'd I put those woodchips and smoker after the move?"

pics to come soon....


Comments

Popular Posts