The Day the Dishwasher Motor Stood Still

For nearly two weeks now the dishwasher (brand new, purshaced when we bought the house) has failed to function and we have been forced (OH THE HUMANITY!!!!) to wash our dishes by hand. Now, if you have 6 people in your house, 4 of them 6YO and under, then you have permission to laugh...otherwise HUSH UP!

The Maytag repairman arrives this morning and takes the machine apart. Guess what he found blocking the motor's operation? Yep, a Lego. Almost as funny as when our heavily irritated olfactory senses found one in the oven.

Well, as a tidbit...something my youngest daughter, Charissa, says that has had me thinking. She loves Mom's digital camera and is frequently asking to take pictures or have pictures taken...her wording is most fascinating: "Daddy, take a picture about me."

"A picture about"...whereas we usually say "a picture of"

I think I like her wording better and intend on employing it. There is some depth in the phrase, though I've not fully dug it out yet.

Comments

Popular Posts