Typical Day for Dad

Speaking of ritual. One of mine, as the kids get tucked into bed (except for my eldest, Kelsey), is to grab a small bowl of honey roasted peanuts and just relax - maybe watch a movie, read a book, surf the net, tie up some fishing leaders...whatever. Just a time to relax and unwind as precious quietness is at last manifested in our home. Last night was no different.

I noticed a bowl on the kitchen counter and thought I'd save a dirty dish (since this one looked clean) by using it for my peanuts. Later, as I sat munching the last of my peanuts in the family room, Kelsey came in to say her goodnight. As she left, she burst out laughing and gleefully announced to Mom in the other room:

"Daddy's eating out of Maggie's bowl."

The last few peanuts were in my hand. I paused, shrugged, and tossed them into my mouth.

Comments

Popular Posts