Dancing in the Spirit

Immediately following the Great Entrance of the Divine Liturgy yesterday, the Nave was typically filled with incense smoke. And as the priests entered through the royal doors, the sun made a bright (albeit brief) appearance sending large shafts of light through the windows on the south side of the church, thus further visually enunciating the smoke in the temple. My son was capitivated by it and pointed it out to me just before he lost his ability to control his urges.

As my eyes were lifted back toward the altar, he darted toward the center of the Nave and began twirling in the smoke, in a style reminiscient of this kid. After I managed to lasso him back to my side of the church he laughed: "I dance in the smoke!"

Well at least he kept his clothes on.

Comments

Popular Posts