The Change

Thinking back to November and December, wow what a change! Can you recall how it seemed we perpetually went back and forth between heavy wind, rain, and snow? It seemed most every night I could stand outside and listen to the wind in the trees and worry about which one would end up coming down. And now for the last few weeks things have been very quiet. Cold, but mostly dry and little or no wind to speak of. It is amazing, our winter came in like a lion but appears to be leaving like a lamb.

I arrived home last night to hear a frog down by the pond/swamp greeting me with some very boisterous croaking. Very nice. Though I hope he gets busy because I also noticed some bugs flying about in the air, further indicating that Spring is coming.

Hallelujah! Let the frog chorus bellow! If they get to singing really good I shall sit out front with my dog, my pipe, my best girl, and a small glass of Bourbon to listen to the concert and watch the stars.

Comments

Munkee said…
Sounds very nice brother!
fdj said…
Doors always open...offer still stands for you to pack it up and head north.
layne (herman) said…
That reminds me of the time we had a sudden de-frosting. I was outside and could hear rustling sounds but could see no movement... upon closer inspection I found the source-- worms! Worms were working their way to the surface and through the leaves.

It was cool.

Popular Posts